The objective of the audit was to:
- Follow up on undesirable incidents from 2018 and 2019 within cranes and lifting as well as work at height
- Follow up on undesirable incidents involving falling objects
- Conduct an audit of the company’s management of materials handling, technical condition of lifting equipment and lifting operations at Nyhamna. Scaffolding, work at height and access techniques were also followed up
- Verify that Gassco/Shell's maintenance management complied with the company’s and the authorities’ requirements. We concentrated our efforts on the company's improvement activities relating to maintenance management of relevant equipment
Three non-conformities were identified in connection with:
- Maintenance of wire rope
- Investigation of hazard and accident situations
In addition, four improvement points were identified concerning:
- Ergonomic design
- Procedures for working at height
- Instructions for Barnsley overhead cranes
What happens now?
We have asked Equinor to report on how the non-conformities and improvement points will be addressed by 1 July 2019.