Seadrill has applied for Acknowledgement of Compliance (AoC) for West Mira.
In connection with an AoC application, the PSA conducts audits within selected specialist domains.
From 12 to 14 May 2019 we conducted an audit of electrical facilities and technical safety on board West Mira while it was berthed at the CCB yard in Ågotnes.
During the audit, the facility was in the process of being prepared for operation on the NCS. The facility will be owned and operated by Seadrill Europe Management AS. West Mira is a semi-submersible facility of the Moss CS60 design.
The objective of the audit was to verify the technical condition and relevant parts of the management system in order to monitor that requirements in the petroleum regulations were being met.
Non-conformities were identified relating to:
- Performance standards
- Electrotechnical system analyses
- Completion and inspection of explosion-proof equipment
- Overpressure ventilation and ignition source decoupling
- High voltage installation
- Electrical facilities – technical conditions
- Technical conditions within technical safety
- Work in and operation of electrical facilities
- Responsible person for the electrical facilities
- Responsible person for communication systems
- Familiarisation and training
In addition, an improvement point was identified relating to maintenance management.
What happens now?
We have asked Seadrill to report on how the non-conformities and improvement point will be addressed by 12 August 2019.
For us to issue an AoC, all known safety-critical non-conformities must be rectified and the facility must have been issued with maritime certificates from the relevant flag state.