Odfjell has applied for an Acknowledgement of Compliance (AoC) for Deepsea Yantai.
In connection with an AoC application, the PSA conducts audits within selected specialist domains.
From 19 to 25 September 2019, we carried out an audit of the working environment on Deepsea Yantai while it was berthed at the CCB yard in Ågotnes.
The objective of the audit was to monitor the status of conformity assessments
of the facility’s technical condition, organisation and management systems relative to the regulatory
working environment requirements.
Three nonconformities were identified in connection with:
- Ergonomic assessments and arrangements
- Design of areas for handling drilling mud and cuttings
- Design of workshops, paint booth and galley in respect of chemical health risk
In addition, two improvement points were identified in connection with:
- Control and monitoring system
- Staffing of the catering section
What happens next?
Odfjell has been given a deadline of 22 November 2019 to report on how the non-conformities and improvement points will be addressed.