The audit was carried out between 3 September and 4 October 2019 and focused on major accident risk.
The objective of the audit was to assess how Aker BP ensures compliance with the regulatory requirements relating to the management of major accident risk, barriers and maintenance at Alvheim.
Non-conformities were identified relating to:
- Risk reduction
- Fire divisions
- Passive fire protection
- Overpressure protection of stabilised oil storage tanks
- Identification and maintenance of barriers
- High number of standing alarms in the control room
In addition, improvement points were identified relating to:
- Hydrate protection of the process safety system
- Action in the event of a high level in the flare knockout drum
- Routines for temporary equipment
What happens next?
Aker BP has been given a deadline of 10 December 2019 to report on how the non-conformities and improvement points will be addressed.