The objective of the audit was to monitor Statoil's management and follow-up of:
- robust operation of the drilling and well systems and the electrical facilities on board
- barriers and the safety strategy for technical, organisational and operational barrier elements in relation to the company's and the authorities' requirements, so as to reduce the likelihood of failures.
The audit identified one non-compliance in the following area:
- Verification of performance requirements for operational and organisational barrier elements for operators.
We found two improvement points in the following areas:
- Appropriate risk analyses
- Design of emergency power system and non-conformity handling
About Johan Sverdrup
Johan Sverdrup is an oil and gas field under development on the Utsira High in the North Sea, around 160 kilometres west of Stavanger. Water depth in the area is 110 to 120 metres.
Statoil is the field's operator. Production is scheduled to start in late 2019.