The Maersk Reacher drilling facility has been laid up for a long period and has been contracted by Aker BP to function as a flotel at Valhall. The contract with Aker BP also includes options to undertake plugging activities using the facility.
The objective of the audit was to verify the technical condition and relevant aspects of the management system for monitoring compliance with the petroleum regulations.
13 non-conformities were identified relating to:
- Installation for uninterruptible power supply
- Electrical installations
- Work in and operation of electrical installations
- Lighting in the emergency hospital
- Firefighting system in machine rooms and other high fire risk rooms
- Ventilation and over-pressure in the living quarters
- Maintenance management
- The maintenance system
- Management system logistics
- Emergency preparedness
- Lockable cabin doors
Seven improvement points were identified relating to:
- Battery bank ventilation
- Performance standards
- The alarm system and functions in CCR and ECR
- Local procedures for lifting operations
- System for ensuring readiness of fire stations
- Reading of pressure in air tanks in the lifeboats
- Evacuation from lifts
Maersk Drilling has been given a deadline of 26 November 2018 to report on how the non-conformities and improvement points will be addressed.