The objective of the audit was to verify that ENI and Transocean, and their contractors, are complying with the regulatory requirements for planning, risk assessment and execution of drilling and well operations and management of emergency preparedness.
Non-conformities were identified in connection with:
- Planning and risk management of drilling and well operations
- Management of Change (MOC)
- Systematic emergency preparedness training
- Classification of safety-critical equipment
- System for follow-up of competence and training of temporary employees
- Training and exercises for drilling and well personnel
In addition, improvement points were identified in connection with:
- IWCF Certification not carried out
- Employee participation
- Quality and language of procedures
- Robustness in the event of nurse’s absence
- Learning from well control incidents
- Knowledge and use of Well Control Bridging Document
ENI and Transocean have been given a deadline of 21 September 2018 to report on how the non-conformities and improvement points will be addressed.