The objective of the audit was to assess how Wintershall is ensuring compliance with the authorities' requirements, recognised standards and its own requirements in the operation and maintenance of Brage.
We verified how management of barriers and maintenance is being addressed for Brage and examined in particular:
- The company's own follow-up of changes of significance for maintenance management.
- The company's efforts to improve maintenance management.
- The company's efforts to ensure that important contributors to safety risk/uncertainty are identified, addressed and monitored.
- The company's completion and implementation of Brage barrier strategies and performance standards.
Three non-conformities were identified in the following areas:
- Barrier management
- Passive fire protection
Three aspects with potential for improvement were also identified:
- Short-term and long-term strategic objectives
- Performance standards
- Action plans for emergency preparedness
Wintershall has been given a deadline of 17 December 2017 to report on how the non-conformities and improvement points will be addressed.