The objective of the activity was to follow up on issues linked to flexible risers detected, notably, during investigation of flexible risers at Visund and Njord in 2011, and to verify that integrity and barrier management for flexible risers and associated safety equipment comply with the company's own and regulatory requirements.
Two non-conformities were identified in connection with:
- Process fires
- System for emergency shutdown
In addition, six improvement points were identified in connection with:
- Testing of overpressure safety system
- Emergency preparedness manual
- Reporting and follow-up of valves in the maintenance system
- Composite deck gratings in evacuation routes
- Depressuring of risers
Statoil has been given a deadline of 8 December 2017 to report on how the non-conformities and improvement points will be addressed.