The objective of the audit was to verify that Statoil's management and follow-up of barriers complied with the company's and the authorities' requirements. This entails knowing which barriers have been established and which function they are to fulfil, as well as which performance requirements are necessary to make the individual barrier effective.
Three non-conformities were identified in connection with:
- Technical barrier elements
- Operational and organisational barrier elements
- Electrical installations
In addition, eight improvement points were identified in connection with:
- Electrical facilities
- Rooms for high-voltage installations
- Updating of operating documents
- Facility-specific training
- List of specific shearing forces for cutting drill strings
- The maintenance management system
- Time for exercising the safety delegate's functions
- Non-conformity handling
Statoil has been given a deadline of 15 December 2017 to report on how the non-conformities and improvement points will be addressed.