A/S Norske Shell (Shell) is the operator of the Nyhamna gas processing facility, in Aukra in Møre og Romsdal county. The facility processes gas from the Ormen Lange field, and is being enlarged to receive gas from more fields.
From 17 to 20 January 2017, we carried out an audit of Shell's efforts to ensure compliance with the regulatory requirements for electrical installations at the plant. The audit focused on the company's barrier management and work on explosion protection in electrical installations.
The audit revealed non-conformities relating to:
- Technical conditions in electrical installations
- Work in and operation of electrical installations
- Emergency lighting
- Explosion protection document
- Non-conformity handling
In addition, improvement points were detected in connection with:
- Heating cable installations
- Classification and labelling
- Shell's own investigation of a previous incident
Shall has been given a deadline of 10 March 2017 to report on how the non-conformities will be dealt with and how the improvement points will be assessed.