The purpose of the audit was to verify that Eni Norge (Eni) is ensuring, through systematic management, that employees have a fully safe working environment and that arrangements have been made for real employee participation, including how the operator and subcontractors organise and make use of the safety representative service and working environment committee to ensure adequate and reliable support for decisions that bear on HSE and risk-reducing measures.
We also looked at the company's capacity for continuous improvement by examining how Eni learns lessons from incidents and verifications from within the company and from external experience.
The audit also looked at how Eni has followed up individual findings from other audits and investigations in 2016.
The audit identified four non-conformities and two improvement points.
The non-conformities concern:
- Management of health, safety and the environment
- Mapping, capacity and competence within the working environment
- Roles, responsibilities and information
- Use of coordinating working environment committee and arrangements for real employee participation
The two improvement points were related to:
- Inadequate maintenance
- Inadequate lighting in loading areas
We have asked Eni to provide an account of how the non-conformities will be dealt with.