The development solution for the Goliat field consists of a circular floating production, storage and offloading vessel (FPSO)
of the Sevan 1000 type. Goliat's energy needs are met partially by electricity supplied by cable from onshore and partially by a gas turbine generator on board the facility.
The PSA has carried out an audit of Eni Norge's efforts to ensure compliance with the electrical installation requirements in the petroleum regulations. The audit was conducted through meetings and presentations at Eni Norge's premises in Forus on 1 September 2015, and interviews and checks on the Goliat FPSO vessel in the period 7-10 September 2015.
The audit identified non-conformities relating to:
- Completion and handover to the operational organisation.
- Ignition source control
- Emergency power
- Emergency lighting
- Electrical installations
- Escape routes from high-voltage installation rooms
- Maintenance of electrical equipment
- Bridging of safety functions
In addition, improvement points were identified in connection with:
- Gas detectors of HVAC intakes and ducts
- Organisation of electrical staff
- Fire detectors and manual activation of electrical isolation
- Test method for heating cables
- Personnel responsible for the electrical installations
- Internal communications facilities
- Evacuation routes
- Overview of temporary equipment
Entails that a condition is assessed as not complying with a regulatory requirement.
Entails that we have identified a deficiency or weakness, without there being sufficient grounds for determining a breach of regulatory requirements.