The Transocean Leader mobile drilling facility was issued with an Acknowledgement of Compliance (AOC) by the PSA in December 2004.
As a step in the follow-up of the rig owner's compliance with regulatory requirements and the preconditions for the AOC, the PSA has conducted an audit in the logistics domain. It covers materials handling, lifting equipment and the safe use thereof.
The audit was carried out between 21 and 28 August 2014, in the form of a meeting with the rig owner, Transocean Offshore Ltd NUF (Transocean), followed by verification on board Transocean Leader while it was operating for Statoil on the Njord field.
The audit revealed non-conformities relating to:
- Management and follow-up of safe use of lifting equipment
- Management of "enterprise of competence" verification
- Unsecured lifting equipment
- Technical conditions
In addition, improvement points were detected in connection with:
- Elastic forerunners for MOB boat
- Practical performance of lifting operations
- Hinged deck hatches
- Emergency operation of lifting equipment
Entails that a condition is assessed as not complying with a regulatory requirement.
Entails that we have identified a deficiency or weakness, without there being sufficient grounds for determining a breach of regulatory requirements.