§ 70 Helicopter deck
The helicopter deck shall be designed and outfitted such that it satisfies the requirements in the Regulations on helicopter aviation - use of offshore helicopter decks (in Norwegian only).
Equipment for fire-fighting on the helicopter deck shall be designed and placed such that
- fires on the helicopter deck, both on and inside helicopters, can be combatted safely and efficiently,
- rescue crew and other personnel are protected during evacuation of helicopters,
- firefighting foam installations shall deliver foam within 15 seconds of activation.
- The helicopter deck shall be equipped with one fire-fighting station at each access point.
Section last changed: 01 January 2020
Regulations relating to helicopter aviation - use of offshore helicopter decks (in Norwegian only) apply with the exceptions set out in the regulations Section 53.
In order to fulfil the requirement relating to helicopter decks as mentioned in the first subsection, the NORSOK C-004 standard can be used.
The standard NORSOK S-001 Chapter 21.4.9 should be used in the design of helicopter decks, with exception of the specified response time for extinguishing agent and with the following addition:
- for facilities with particular problems related to take-off and landing, such problems should be taken into account when designing and placing the helicopter deck.