§ 70 Helicopter deck
The helicopter deck shall be designed and outfitted such that it satisfies the requirements in the Regulations on helicopter aviation - use of offshore helicopter decks (in Norwegian only).
Equipment for fire-fighting on the helicopter deck shall be designed and placed such that
- fires on the helicopter deck, both on and inside helicopters, can be combatted safely and efficiently,
- rescue crew and other personnel are protected during evacuation of helicopters,
- firefighting foam installations shall deliver foam within 15 seconds of activation.
- The helicopter deck shall be equipped with one fire-fighting station at each access point.
Section last changed: 01 January 2020
In order to fulfil the requirement relating to helicopter decks as mentioned in the first subsection, the NORSOK C-004 standard can be used.
The standard NORSOK S-001 Chapter 21.4.9 should be used in the design of helicopter decks, with exception of the specified response time for extinguishing agent and with the following addition:
- for facilities with particular problems related to take-off and landing, such problems should be taken into account when designing and placing the helicopter deck.