§ 20 Start-up and operation of facilities
Before facilities and parts of these are started up for the first time or after technical modifications, the commissioning as mentioned in Section 16, shall be carried out.
During start-up as mentioned in the first subsection, and during operation,
- the management system with associated processes, resources and operations organisation shall be established,
- governing documents, including technical operations documents, shall be available in an updated version and the operations personnel shall be familiar with them,
- systems for employee participation shall be established, cf. Section 13 of the Framework Regulations,
- the health service shall be in accordance with Section 8 and
- the occupational health service shall be in accordance with Section 5.
Section last changed: 01 January 2011
The operational organisation as mentioned in the second subsection litera a, also means the emergency preparedness organisation.
Governing documents as mentioned in the second subsection, litera b, also mean the guidelines, procedures, plans and programmes that are prepared according to these regulations and the Management Regulations.
In order to fulfil the requirement for technical operations documents as mentioned in the second subsection litera b, Chapter 4 and Appendices A, C and D of the NORSOK Z-001 standard should be used. For drilling and well technical equipment, Chapter 5 and Annexes A, B and C of the NORSOK D-001 standard should also be used.