§ 47 Maintenance programme
Failure modes that may constitute a health, safety or environment risk, cf. Section 46, shall be systematically prevented through a maintenance programme.
This programme shall include activities for monitoring performance and technical condition, which ensure identification and correction of failure modes that are under development or have occurred.
The programme shall also contain activities for monitoring and control of failure mechanisms that can lead to such failure modes.
Section last changed: 01 January 2017
The maintenance programme can consist of sub-programmes for inspection, testing, preventive maintenance, etc., cf. Section 45.
The requirement relating to prevention as mentioned in the first subsection, entails also that the programmes shall be available at start-up, cf. Section 20, second subsection, litera b. When preparing the maintenance programme as mentioned in the first subsection, the NORSOK Z-008 standard, the NS-EN ISO 20815 standard Appendix I and the NEK IEC 60300-3-11 standard can be used in the area of health, working environment and safety.
For activities as mentioned in the second and third subsections, the following should be used in the area of health, working environment and safety:
- the standards ISO 13702, Appendix C5, and IEC 61508, and Norwegian Oil and Gas’ Guideline 070 is used for safety systems,
- the emergency shut-down system is verified in accordance with the safety integrity levels set on the basis of the IEC 61508 standard and Norwegian Oil and Gas’ Guideline 070. For plants that are not covered by this standard and this guideline, the operability should be verified through a full-scale function test at least once each year. The test should cover all parts of the safety function, including closing of valves. The test should also include measurement of interior leakage through closed valves. Recording of the plant's or equipment's functionality in situations where the function is triggered or put to use, may replace testing of the plant or the equipment,
- the NORSOK N-005 standard should be used to monitor the condition of structures and maritime systems. See also Section 50,
- the NORSOK Z-006 standard should be used for preservation,
- condition monitoring should be carried out at least once each year of risers with support and other particularly vulnerable parts of the pipeline system. Where there are multiple pipeline systems with identical properties for use, this monitoring can be performed on a representative selection,
- the NORSOK R-003 standard, Appendices G and H should be used for maintenance of lifting appliances and lifting gear,
- the standards NORSOK D-010, Chapters 5.2.3 and 5.2.4 and table C.9, ISO 10417 and ISO 10423, Chapter 9 should be used for well control and well intervention equipment, subsurface safety valves and christmas trees, with the following addition: the requirement in the second subsection of the regulations also includes the condition of barrier elements and pressure integrity in wells.
- the IEC 61892 series should be used for electrical installations with associated equipment. The performance of the emergency power system and emergency lighting system should be verified by a full-scale functional test at least once a year. The test should include all parts of the safety function.