§ 16 Installation and commissioning
During installation of facilities and parts of these, it shall be ensured that the loads they are exposed to, do not exceed the loads mentioned in Section 11 of the Facilities Regulations.
Upon completion of facilities, it shall be ensured that they fulfil the requirements in the Facilities Regulations, cf. also Section 23 of the Framework Regulations and Section 5 of the Management Regulations. The technical condition of facilities, systems and equipment shall be maintained until the facilities, systems and equipment are put into service.
Section last changed: 01 January 2013
In order to fulfil the requirement for installation as mentioned in the first subsection,
- Section 10.1 through 10.9 of the DNV-ST-F101 standard should be used for steel pipeline systems,
- Chapter 9 of the API RP 17B guidelines should be used for flexible pipeline systems.
Commissioning as mentioned in the second subsection entails e.g. that safety systems shall be function tested and verified. To satisfy the requirement, the NORSOK Z-007 standard should be used, with the following additions:
- Section 10.10 to 10.13 of the DNV-ST-F101 standard should be used for steel pipeline systems,
- Chapter 9.5.3 of the API RP 17B guidelines should be used for flexible pipeline systems,
- Appendix H to the NORSOK R-003 standard should be used for lifting equipment,
- Chapters 5.5 and 6.45 of the NORSOK D-001 standard should be used for drilling facilities,
- the results of function tests are compared with performance requirements and relevant calculations,
- In addition, Offshore Norge Guideline no. 070 is used where electrical, electronic and programmable electronic systems are used in the construction of the functions.
In order to fulfil the requirement for technical condition as mentioned in the third subsection, the NORSOK Z-006 standard should be used for preservation.