§ 50 Competence
It shall be ensured that the personnel at all times have the competence necessary to carry out the activities in accordance with the health, safety and environment legislation. In addition, the personnel shall be able to handle hazard and accident situations, cf. Section 14 of the Management Regulations and Section 52 of these regulations.
Section last changed: 01 January 2011
There are also requirements to qualifications and training in the field of working environment in Regulations relating to conduct of work (in Norwegian only). They relate to
- work with chemicals, cf. those regulations chapter 3,
- work with asbestos, cf. those regulations chapter 4, with the exception of section 4-4,
- work involving risk of being exposed to biological factors, cf. those regulations chapter 6,
- work with work equipment that requires additional carefulness, cf. those regulations chapter 10, with the exception of sections 10-1, 10-2 and 10-3,
- maintenance of work equipment, cf. those regulations chapter 12,
- work involving risk of being exposed to health detrimental noise or mechanical vibrations, cf. those regulations chapter 14,
- work involving risk of being exposed to artificial optic radiation, cf. those regulations chapter 16,
- safety signs and signalling, cf. those regulations chapter 22,
- work imposing ergonomic strain, cf. those regulations chapter 23.
In order to fulfil the requirement for competence in the area of health, safety and working environment, Appendix B to the NORSOK R-005 standard should be used for lifting operations. 105 – Norwegian Oil and Gas Association’s Recommended guidelines for scaffolding building should be used for work with or on scaffolding. The NS 9600 standard should be used for rope access, except for requirements for certification of businesses and personnel.
The requirement relating to ensuring competence implies, inter alia, that requirements are set for the necessary competence, that the competence is verified, and that it is maintained through practice, exercises, training and education.
For special requirements to qualifications for work related to electrical installations and electrical equipment, refer to Section 60 of these regulations.