§ 16 Drainage system
Onshore facilities shall be equipped with drainage systems that can collect and divert liquids to reduce the risk of fire, harm to personnel and pollution.
Section last changed: 01 January 2011
The requirement for drainage systems entails e.g.
- that, in addition to handling of the actual fuel leak, there is sufficient capacity to drain water that gathers in the installation during precipitation and during fire-fighting,
- that any oily surface water is cleaned out before discharge,
- that the collection system has a shutdown device,
- that tank drain valves are located and sheltered such that they can be operated in the event of fire,
- that drainage, including the drainage system, is carried out such that it is not obstructed by the formation of ice, foreign bodies, etc., and
- that the bottom of the collection system slopes towards the drainage opening.