The Regulatory Forum is a tripartite forum for governing health, safety and the environment.
The Regulatory Forum was previously known as the External Reference Group for Regulatory Development (ERR).
Mandate for the Regulatory Forum
The Regulatory Forum (RF) is a tripartite group established by the Petroleum Safety Authority Norway (PSA) in dialogue with the parties in order to facilitate:
Information, discussion, consultation and, if relevant, feedback on the work on development and maintenance of framework documents for the petroleum activities, such as regulatory strategy and regulatory work, adaptation to the EU/EEA regulations, other international frameworks, norms, etc. related to health, safety and the environment in the petroleum industry.
Information and discussion regarding the practical implementation and use of the HSE regulations.
- Exchange of viewpoints relating to contents and experiences in connection with implementation of the individual regulatory work.
The following items will be included in the agenda as appropriate:
- Plans for regulatory development
- Mandate for the individual regulatory work
- Status reporting relating to ongoing regulatory work
- Collaboration on regulatory development
- Coordination of external consultation processes
- Draft EU directives/EEA implementation
- Information on principal interpretations
- Information on standardisation work
- Information on consultation documents prepared by other players
- Information from the parties regarding ongoing activities of interest to the Regulatory Forum.
- In-depth presentations of important issues
Other issues related to framework stipulation in the petroleum industry may also be relevant.
The Regulatory Forum is composed of representatives from:
- The Ministry of Labour and Social Inclusion (AID) (observer)
- Cooperating organisations (DSO - the Norwegian Union of Marine Engineers and the Norwegian Maritime Officers' Association)
- The Norwegian United Federation of Trade Unions
- The Norwegian Directorate of Health(Hdir)
- IndustriEnergi (IE)
- The Norwegian Confederation of Trade Unions (LO)
- The Norwegian Shipowners' Association (NR)
- Federation of Norwegian Industries (NI)
- The Norwegian Oil Industry Association (OLF)
- The Petroleum Safety Authority Norway (PSA) – management and secretariat
- The Norwegian Union of Energy Workers (SAFE)
The Norwegian Pollution Control Authority (SFT) participates as required. The SFT considers the need for participation upon receiving notice of the meeting.
The meetings are normally held with a representative form each party present. OLF may have two representatives at the meeting. Additional representatives may attend as required, provided the PSA has been informed prior to the scheduled meeting date.
The parties are also requested to appoint a deputy representative who will receive copies of all notices and minutes of the meetings. All members may submit matters for consideration, and will be allowed to use part of the meeting to present the matters submitted in advance.
The Regulatory Forum will conduct quarterly meetings, or as required. In addition, the group members will receive copies of all relevant letters, etc. affecting the group's areas of interest. The Regulatory Forum's members will also be presented with written issues for comments, or for information between the meetings.
Contact for the Regulatory Forum in the Petroleum Safety Authority Norway:
Annika Svanevik (Technical Secretary)